SearchBlog

Sunday, July 6, 2008

Mixed results for July 4th forecast

Well, I guess I'm a bit rusty, but I'll be back to my perfect forecasts soon...lol.
On the up-side It quit raining in Muncie about 10:00 A.M., very consistent with my rain will be done by 11:00 A.M forecast. (there was a trace of rain about 8:30 P.M.)
On the downside the high temp was only 72, which I overcasted by 10. I underestimated the mid level disturbance, seeing that it was likely not to dig much more. It did not, though it did provide enough lift to keep the clouds around almost all day, thus throwing off my high temp.
My low temp of 64 was off the actual of 59, I expected the 59 early morning on the fifth because of the clearing skies that never quite happened.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

At least you stuck your neck out on when the rain would stop. Thats more than the Indianapolis stations were willing to do!